U12 Outdoor Competition Rules
- Teams shall comprise 11 players, each of whom shall only be a bona fide member of the club he represents.
- There is no Cup competition for Under 12s
- Should inclement weather prevent a league match starting or completing, 4 points shall be awarded to each team.
- Neither umpires nor match managers shall give advice or instruction to any player who is on the field of play.
- League points for U12 shall be awarded as follows:
- 10 for a win
- 5 for a tie
- 4 for abandoned matches
- 2 for a losing team
- Should a club fail to honour a fixture for any reason at all:
- League match: 10 points shall be awarded to their opponents with 0 points for a team who concedes the match. Any team failing to honour one half of its scheduled league fixtures shall have its record erased from the league.
- Knock-out match: The tie shall be awarded to the team who did not concede.
The current Laws of Cricket shall apply except:
- A 21 yard pitch shall be used for Under 12 matches.
- In Under 12 matches no fielder except the wicket keeper and those behind the wicket on the off side shall field nearer than 11 yards measured from the middle stump of the striker’s wicket.
- One 43⁄4 oz ball in reasonable condition shall be used for Under 12 matches. A pink ball can be used however both team officials must be in agreement otherwise a red ball should be used.
- Matches shall be 20 overs per innings (subject to Common Rule 5) unless both teams agree to an afternoon match. The number of overs per innings for a match of more than 20 overs shall be agreed when the match is arranged.
- No player may bowl more than one fifth of the overs in any innings. Players may only retire if ill, or injured, during the match.
- No ball shall be called by the bowler’s end umpire for any delivery, bowled without bouncing, above waist height, IRRESPECTIVE OF PACE. Otherwise this is per the current Laws of the Game.
- No ball shall be called by the bowler’s end umpire for any delivery which bounces MORE than twice or rolls along the ground.
COUNTY LEAGUE SEMI-FINALS AND FINALS
The current Laws of Cricket will apply with the following exceptions:
For the County League Semi-finals and Finals, one new ball per match will be supplied by MCA. Each match shall be 20 overs per innings..
In all matches: No bowler may bowl more than one fifth of the overs.
All current ECB directives must be applied.
In the event of a match being postponed or abandoned due to weather conditions, the clubs should re-arrange a new date as soon as possible, switching the venue if necessary. The competition organiser MUST be advised of the new arrangements as soon as possible
The MCA County League Championship Under 12 semi-finals and
final will be played at Sunbury CC on Sunday 9th September 2018 commencing
at 10.00am. Match format to be – both semi-finals and final – 20 overs per team.
It is intended to appoint independent umpires for County League and Cup Semi-finals and finals where possible, subject to umpire availability. If clubs have acceptable umpires who are willing to stand in these matches please let the competition organiser know in good time so that arrangements can be finalised as early as possible; especially vital for semi-finals as there is usually very little time.