Girls Outdoor Competition Rules
GENERAL RULES AND NOTICES
Other than as set out below, all Girls matches will be played according to the Laws of Cricket and the MJCA Outdoor Competition rules.
- Default number for players per team will be 8 but teams should try to play with as many as possible up to 11 players. If different to 8 players per side, the number of players should be agreed five days in advance of the game.
- If a girls league fixture is cancelled because of the weather, it may be rescheduled if both clubs agree and as long as it is played before the play-by date for that league.
- 2023 League play-by dates: Sunday 9th July (U11 Softball); Sunday 9th July (U13 Hardball); Sunday 16th July (U15 Hardball).
- 2023 Finals dates: Sunday 16th July (U13 Hardball); Sunday 23rd July (U11 Softball – semi-final to be played by 19th July); Sunday 13th August (U15 Hardball – semi-final to be played by 9th August).
GIRLS SOFTBALL RULES (U11 and U13)
- Teams shall comprise 8 players, each of whom shall only be a bona fide member of the club she represents.
- Innings to be 16 overs per side, unless agreed prior to the start of the match
- Each team starts with a score of 200 runs.
- The batting team shall be divided into pairs. Each pair shall bat for 4 overs, assuming a 16 overs per side match
- Batters shall have unlimited ‘lives’ but each ‘life’ shall result in 5 runs being deducted from the total score. No batter who is out shall face the next ball. Batters shall change ends at the fall of each wicket except if a wicket falls from the last ball of an over.
- All players except the wicket-keeper must bowl and no player may bowl more than one over more than any other bowler.
- In the event of the umpires being satisfied that a player is incapacitated, his place may be taken by a reserve who shall bat and/or bowl in his place. If no reserve is available, any over due to be bowled by the injured player shall be bowled by another player without exceeding her quota. The captain of the fielding side shall choose one of the players in the first 3 pairs to bat a second time to make up the 4th pair.
- In the event of a team having only 7 players, the number of overs in the match will be unchanged and any overs that would have been bowled by the missing player, should be bowled by one of the other players without exceeding her quota. The captain of the fielding side shall choose one of the players in the first 3 pairs to bat a second time to make up the 4th pair. There should be no expectation that an extra fielder to replace the missing player should be provided by the other team.
- Wicket-keepers may be changed during the course of an innings.