U13 Outdoor Competition Rules
- Teams shall comprise 11 players, each of whom shall only be a bona fide member of the club he represents.
- Should inclement weather prevent a league match starting or completing, 4 points shall be awarded to each team.
- Neither umpires nor match managers shall give advice or instruction to any player who is on the field of play.
- League points for U13 shall be awarded as follows;
- 10 for a win
- 5 for a tie
- 4 for abandoned matches
- 2 for a losing team
- Should a club fail to honour a fixture for any reason at all:
- League match: 10 points shall be awarded to their opponents with 0 points for a team who concedes the match. Any team failing to honour one half of its scheduled league fixtures shall have its record erased from the league.
- Knock-out match: The tie shall be awarded to the team who did not concede.
The current Laws of Cricket shall apply except:
- A 21 yard pitch shall be used for Under 13 matches.
- In Under 13 matches no fielder except the wicket keeper and those behind the wicket on the off side shall field nearer than 11 yards measured from the middle stump of the striker’s wicket.
- One 43⁄4 oz ball in reasonable condition shall be used for Under 11, 12 and 13 matches. A pink ball can be used however both team officials must be in agreement otherwise a red ball should be used.
- Wicket: Under 13s: 27” high and 8” wide.
- Matches shall be 20 overs per innings (subject to General Rule 5) unless both teams agree to an afternoon match. The number of overs per innings for a match of more than 20 overs shall be agreed when the match is arranged.
- No player may bowl more than one fifth of the overs in any innings. Players may only retire if ill, or injured, during the matchIn Under 11 league and cup matches only.
- No ball shall be called by the bowler’s end umpire for any delivery, bowled without bouncing, above waist height, IRRESPECTIVE OF PACE. Otherwise this is per the current Laws of the Game.
- No ball shall be called by the bowler’s end umpire for any delivery which bounces MORE than twice or rolls along the ground.
- Under 13 Cup matches Only. When a batsman reaches a personal total of 30 runs he must retire, unless this would cause a premature end to the innings. Batsmen retired under this rule should be recorded as “retired out”; this retirement shall be not be counted as a wicket taken in calculating the result, see below.
COUNTY LEAGUE AND CUP FINALS
The Middlesex County Final winners of the Under 13 cup competitions proceed to represent Middlesex in the National stages of the National Club competition. The final must be played by the dates specified in the draw. A switch of venue to the away drawn club is permissable.
U13 – Cup Final to be played by Wednesday 20th June 2018
In the event of a match being postponed or abandoned due to weather conditions, the clubs should re-arrange a new date as soon as possible, switching the venue if necessary. The competition organiser MUST be advised of the new arrangements as soon as possible.
The MCA County League Championship Under 13 semi-finals and final will be played at NPL Cricket Club on Monday 27th August 2018 commencing at 10.00am. Match format to be – both semi-finals and final – 20 overs per team.
CRICKET BALLS. The home club shall supply one ball in reasonable condition for each match until the County Final for which 2 new balls will be supplied by ECB.
It is intended to appoint independent umpires for County League and Cup Semi-finals and finals where possible, subject to umpire availability. If clubs have acceptable umpires who are willing to stand in these matches please let the competition organiser know in good time so that arrangements can be finalised as early as possible; especially vital for semi-finals as there is usually very little time.