U14 Outdoor Competition Rules
- Teams shall comprise 11 players, each of whom shall only be a bona fide member of the club he represents.
- Should inclement weather prevent a league match starting or completing, 4 points shall be awarded to each team.
- Neither umpires nor match managers shall give advice or instruction to any player who is on the field of play.
- There is no Under 14 Cup competition.
- League points for U14 shall be awarded as follows:
- 10 for a win
- 5 for a tie
- 4 for abandoned matches
- 2 for a losing team
- Should a club fail to honour a fixture for any reason at all:
- League match: 10 points shall be awarded to their opponents with 0 points for a team who concedes the match. Any team failing to honour one half of its scheduled league fixtures shall have its record erased from the league.
- Knock-out match: The tie shall be awarded to the team who did not concede.
The current Laws of Cricket shall apply except:
- A 21 yard pitch shall be used for Under 14 matches.
- In Under 14 matches no fielder except the wicket keeper and those behind the wicket on the off side shall field nearer than 8 yards measured from the middle stump of the striker’s wicket.
- One 51⁄2 oz ball in reasonable condition shall be used for Under 14 matches. A pink ball can be used however both team officials must be in agreement otherwise a red ball should be used.
- Matches shall be 20 overs per innings (subject to Common Rule 5) unless both teams agree to an afternoon match. The number of overs per innings for a match of more than 20 overs shall be agreed when the match is arranged.
- No player may bowl more than one fifth of the overs in any innings. Players may only retire if ill, or injured, during the match.
- The Laws related to bat sizes (Law 5), deliberately distracting, deceiving or obstructing batsmen (Law 41.5) and the yellow and red card provisions related to player conduct (Law 42) shall not apply.
COUNTY LEAGUE SEMI-FINALS AND FINALS
For the County League Semi-finals and Finals, one new ball per match will be supplied by MJCA. Each match shall be 20 overs per innings. All current ECB directives must be applied.
UMPIRES. Clubs shall supply umpires for matches up to the County Quarter Finals. For the County Semi-Finals and Final MJCA will appoint independent umpires if due notice is given of the fixture. If clubs have acceptable umpires who are willing to stand in these matches please let the competition organiser know in good time so that arrangements can be finalised as early as possible; especially vital for semi-finals as there is usually very little time.
The MJCA County League Championship Under 14 semi-finals and
final will be played at Teddington CC on Sunday 15th August 2021 commencing
at 10.00am. Match format to be – both semi-finals and final to be 20 overs per team.